If you want to stand out in your job and get noticed by your boss, you can’t do what everyone else does.
Don’t fall into office politics or compete with your co-workers. Focus on yourself and what you can do.
In this episode of The Jody Maberry Show, three experts give advice on how you can stand out in your job. Chris Brogan, Jeff Noel, and Lee Cockerell offer their advice on working for a boss and standing out.
In addition to the advice from the experts, here is a roundup of 12 things you can do to stand out in your job;
- Do the job in front of you.
- Be in service of your boss.
- Remember, your boss has a job to do.
- Think of your boss as a customer.
- Consider if there is a difference between what your boss needs and what your boss wants.
- Attitude stands out.
- Raise your hand when something needs done.
- Bring a solution, not a problem.
- Bake your bosses goals into your goals.
- If you have something to say, say it to your boss not a coworker.
- Keep your boss informed.
- Produce results.